Completed August 1, 2016
I didn't manage to take photos of the process but we made the felt blocks for the hat bases (Juvenile Ensemble, Sleeping Beauty).
Starting with a felt cone cloche I soaked it with boiling water and pulled it over a wooden head block and secured with elastic. Once dry I drew where the hair line would be using a template and applied layers of diluted felt stiffener. Once set to be fairly solid I cut out the hat base shape.
Using sprung wire I stitched it around the very edge of my hat. I covered the edge with cotton petersham and wet the cotton tape so it shrinks slightly to create a tighter, smoother finish.